UPDATE JUNE 2018
PUERTO RICO A LOOPHOLE AND THE NEXT FISCAL PARADISE? ASK GOLDONOMIC.
Friday June 29, 2018 - Yesterday we had a full moon and a low for Gold & Silver.... or will we see $1,180 before trend reverses!?
Updated Sections: Silver , PF-charts of Gold expressed in most currencies,
Don't give in to the Dangerous Static, Paper manipulations, false financial analysts but follow the REAL MONEY.
- Yesterday they had to SELL over 255,000 contracts (793 kgr - for a value of $33,500,000) to bring Gold down by a handful of Dollars only. Russia, China, India,...RICH countries continue to accumulate REAL MONEY (Gold, Silver) whereas BANKRUPT countries continue to manipulate Gold & Silver down....
- No pasa nada: if Americans make Chinese products more expensive, the Central Bank of China pushes down the Yuan. The Renminbi has been on the slippery slope downward for the last week...
- When the roosters cries three times, those euro bears will be going into hiding…That’s what we’ll have to wait for, but I do believe it will come: the Fed or ECB Heads just need to show their hand, or it may become obvious that the EU-top will rescue Merkel, the Deutsche Bank and the EU (as I think will happen) to see the Euro shining again versus the Dollar.
- Static is ALWAYS maximum when price hits crucial price levels....and for the average, emotional investor this is VERY dangerous....you need to KNOW why you are investing. Those who don't always jump out of the frying pan into the fire and are lost.
- IMPORTANT: Head and Shoulders patterns are often mis-interpretated! A HS pattern is only mature if and when the NECKLINE has been broken and positively tested. Therefore those who are bullish on the US-Dollar better be very careful. The Merkel crisis will be solved and there is NO WAY they will let Deutche Bank go bankrupt...if such happen, it will happen as a consequence of...and because of an accident.
- Even when Gold corrects more and hits $1,180 NO TREND whatsoever will be broken...
Copyright 2018, All Rights Reserved - The contents of this report may NOT be copied, reproduced, or distributed without the explicit written consent of Goldonomic
Thursday June 28, 2018 - Financial markets hate uncertainly....
Threatened by coalition partner, Merkel seeks to break migration deadlock and so tries to save her neck. Merkel will be joined by French President Emmanuel Macron, leaders of Bulgaria and Austria, among others, to explore how to prevent people from moving around the bloc after having already claimed asylum in one of the Mediterranean states. Some eastern EU states refuse to host some of the new arrivals to alleviate the burden on Italy, Greece and countries like Germany where people mostly want to end up. Merkel's coalition partner, the Christian Social Union (CSU), has said it would introduce a ban on entry to Germany for all asylum-seekers already registered in another EU state unless the June 28-29 summit agrees an EU-wide deal on sharing them out evenly. If no agreement is found, we may see new elections in Germany and Merkel would loose her position.
"Investors hate uncertainty and it is therefore normal that the situation weighs on the Forex markets and indirectly on the Gold and Silver sector."
On housing and real estate: If prices rise faster than wages, the middle class perishes. And that’s what’s been happening in the west, especially in the US.
Here’s a great example: housing. For the vast majority of people it’s their biggest expense. Most of us spend more on rent or mortgage than anything else. Housing prices have obviously increased over time. But what’s really interesting is how much more rapidly home prices have increased over wages.
In late 2011, for example, the average home cost around 3.56 times the average salary in the US, according to data published by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. By the end of 2017, the average home cost 4.73 times the average salary, even though mortgage rates were essentially unchanged or lower. In other words, even when you adjust for the fact that people are earning more, housing became 33% more expensive in just six years-- and that doesn’t account for increases in property taxes, home owners association dues, insurance premiums, etc.
It’s the same with rent: back in 2000, the average monthly rent in the United States was 7.38 times the average weekly wage. By 2017, rents had risen to 8.66 times the average weekly wage, an increase of 17%. So even though people are technically earning more money, their money buys them less and less house.
In order to make up for the lower spendable income, promotors and house builders follow exactly the same pattern companies which manufacture food staples do: they lower the square meters of a new home/apartment to give people the impression the cost of real estate rises less rapidly...Today in many countries, the market value of an 20 year old house of 350 m2 will be marginally higher then the price of a new apartment of 135 m2.
- Investors hate uncaintainty and it is therefore normal that the situation weighs on the Forex markets and indirectly on the Gold and Silver sector.
- Either you keep your Purchasing Power in REAL MONEY (Gold & Silver) or in WORTHLESS FIAT MONEY...there is NO VALID OTHER CHOICE AT THIS TIME!
- I am not superstious, but we have a Fulll Moon.... and June-July is a cycle low for Gold & Silver...and NO SUPPORT LEVELS HAVE BEEN BROKEN. See the PF-Charts. Point & Figures charts for Gold and Silver have been updated. Price dip should be used to accumulate positions!
Copyright 2018, All Rights Reserved - The contents of this report may NOT be copied, reproduced, or distributed without the explicit written consent of Goldonomic
Wednesday June 27, 2018 - U.S. GOLD EXPORTS TO LONDON SURGE
Updated Sections: ,
U.S. gold exports to London surge. As U.S. gold exports to Hong Kong and China fell 25% in the first four months of the year, London picked up the slack. According to the USGS, U.S. gold exports to London surged more than doubled from January to April, compared to the same period last year. The amount of gold exported to London during this period nearly equaled the total U.S. domestic gold mine supply.
- BUY when price is low (Gold & Silver) and SELL when price is High (Bonds, Real Estate, Stocks)...and BE PATIENT.
- Gold & Silver Ratio: the 4th attempt up in the Gold/Silver ratio FAILED. Therefore Silver will gain on Gold. We therefore believe Silver must become part of your physical precious metals holdings!
Copyright 2018, All Rights Reserved - The contents of this report may NOT be copied, reproduced, or distributed without the explicit written consent of Goldonomic
Tuesday June 26, 2018 - We expect another bull run in oil
Updated Sections: Silver ,
The expected increase in oil production will not leave the market in a situation of oversupply, and in fact, barring no further action, the world could still be short of oil over the next year. There is no shortage of pitfalls for the bull run, with Trump’s expanding trade war, weaker demand and a potential currency crisis in emerging markets, and the drilling frenzy so far proceeding at an unabated pace in West Texas. Even with those considerations, however, “the oil market remains in deficit with resilient demand growth and rising disruptions requiring higher core OPEC and Russia production to avoid a stock-out by year-end.
LNG-spot prices in Asia spike to four year highs. Asian spot liquefied natural gas (LNG) prices continue their upward trajectory, reaching seasonal highs not seen since mid-2014 when global oil prices were trading over $100 per barrel. This time, however, spot prices aren’t spiking on the back of exorbitantly high global oil prices but come as buyers in North Asia compete for cargoes with Mexico and Egypt amid supply outages from global producers. Production setbacks in the United States, Australia and Malaysia also tightened supply, while recent LNG trading volumes in Asia have also been supported by the restocking of depleted inventories by South Korean and Japanese utilities after an unseasonably cold winter.
See subscriber's section for our selection of Oil and Natural gas shares.
- nothing for today
- Boeing (BA) has fallen in STOP LOSS...so far the 200 day MA is holding.
- VALE $12.80 is a BUY (platinum)
- Freeport (FCX) @ $16.44 is a BUY
- Sylvania (SLP.L) @ $17.50 is a BUY - next target is $22
- Crude Oil (WTIC) new BREAKOUT and $75 is the next target
- Lithium Americas (LAC.TO) is a buy @5.75 , next target is $8
- Newmont (NEM) is a buy @$38, next target is $45
- Pretium (PVG) is a buy @ $7.80 next target is $8.25
- Meyers (MYE) is a buy @ $19.50
- Cisco (CSCO) is a buy @ $43.50
- Marathon Oil (MRO) is a buy @ $21.50
- Exxon (XOM) is a buy @ $82
- BP is a buy @ $46
- BP Prudhoe (BPT) is a buy @ $28
- LNG shows a breakout and is a buy @ $68
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ) is a buy @ $33.25 , next target is $38
Monday June 25, 2018 - Joke of last week: Greek debt crisis declared "over" by IMF!?
Updated Sections: Treasuries in the EU, Corporate bonds,
Greek crisis declared "over" by IMF: The country’s debt mountain stands at some 180pc of GDP. Best case scenario (which is almost impossible) the problem will exist until the year 2060. NEVER forget that the 1st president of the IMF (GUTT) was the CROOK who - just after WWII - made all Belgians poor overnight.
The European banking system is a TOTAL MESS! . Before declaring bankruptcy, Lehman Bros. had $639 billion in assets. It was thought to be too big to fail. Currently, Deutsche Bank has almost triple those assets, $1.7 trillion, but its future is in question. The bank’s net income plummeted by 80 percent from its 2017 level. The Federal Reserve has labeled Deutsche Bank’s US operation as troubled. And that might be an understatement. The growing problems at Deutsche Bank, combined with unprecedented global debts, could spell economic and financial chaos. Deutsche Bank is only one of the major banks in trouble.[see our section for Banks & Financials for more]. While Deutsche Bank appears to be following in the footsteps of Lehman Bros., a comparison to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac may be more accurate.
The FED just announced that all of the banks it regulates passed its stress test. I can't believe anyone take this test seriously? Would the Fed design a test that banks would fail? These tests are only designed to create false confidence in the banking system! The FED is a deja vue of the stress tests the ECB sold to the Europeans last year. Fact is that the European banks are in a much worse shape than the US-banks.
Germany’s largest bank is more critical to its economy than Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were to the US. In addition, the German government would acquire Deutsche Bank’s assets at a fraction of their value. It is doubtful that Chancellor Merkel will be able to resist such temptation. Besides, allowing Deutsche Bank to fail could have catastrophic consequences for Germany and a bad effect on the global economy. Deutsche Bank is not the only European bank with overvalued assets. If Deutsche Bank continues its path to a destructive downfall, other banks will be affected.
- Germany brings its gold stash home sooner than planned
- Russia sold overnight about half of its US-Treasury holdings...and buys GOLD with the money.
- All Swiss refiners are now fully booked out on all gold kilobar production until the end of August. Also, there is reliable feedback that China has been quietly forward purchasing (large) tonnage of refinery production since May and utilizing spot index positions to settle at delivery. Each day gold stays below $1,300, more tonnage orders are spot-indexed for delivery.
- Professionals are going short $$$$ and long Gold & Silver.
- General Electric (GE) secures order for 50 new locomotives.
- The summer correction in the Oil sector may well be smaller or none compared to otjher years. OPEC has come to an agreement, albeit a vague one, that has left oil markets bullish and sent WTI and Brent soaring.
- If the dollar index now has a sustained decline below 93.50, the dollar’s rebound rise will be over.
- All major Crypto-currencies are breaking down important support levels (as we forecasted months ago....) and are sliding back t their REAL VALUE = ZERO!
Friday June 22, 2018 - $300,000 per round trip for the Aquarius & The Refugee problem will hopefully "end" Merkel's run.
Updated Sections: ,
It really is unbelievable to see that - after dropping 625 Africans in Spain - the AQUARIUS is again routing to the Libyan coast to pick up more young man and some women with children. Best of course, is to transport some women who will give birth aboard of the Aquarius. If our source is correct, Médecins sans Frontières is rewarded with $500 for each passenger ... and earns $300,000 per round trip. (The Aquarius navigates under Dutch flag). As we keep repeating: societies die because of collective SUICIDE...and one can recover from an economic crisis, but it takes a lot longer to recover from a COLLECTIVE SUICIDE. Don't count on politicians to correct this as these are the major players of the suicidal movement.
- Interest Rates are the key to the Bond markets, Stock markets, and the economy...and they are RISING!
- Inflation is rising...at a 10% rate. (shadow statistics confirm it)
- Margin debt (money borrowed to buy stocks) is at a record high. The higher the Margin Debt, the more dangerous the stock market becomes.
- Stock markets will continue to rise...the RISK however may not be worth the potential profit. The day the market flip, it will be impossible to get out because there will be no bids. 1987 is an excellent example of a market crashing because there simply were NO BUYERS.
- The total number of short positions on Gold & Silver is so high and the Sentiment so bad that we probably have seen the end of this intermediary correction. As usual PRICE will go up WHEN TIME IS UP and NOBODY believes it will...like NOW.
- So as the Pound Sterling goes (down), so goes the US-Dollar (down).
- The US-Dollar is stalling out and its trend remains BEARISH. At this time it actually is nose diving...Technically speaking it is and remains a CONTRA-TREND-RISE! (note that Trump is over happy with a LOWER Dollar as is makes exports cheaper and imports more expensive...and this is exactly what he is pursuing with Tariffs). Better to hold Aussies, Can$ and Euro's. Best is to hold Gold and Silver.
- The Gold & Silver market and Miners are completely bombed out...it it was a WAR, nothing would be left. A rare opportunity to BUY Miners for almost nothing.
- ENERGY, Crude Oil, copper, commodities continue to rise because of demand and inflationary pressure.
- Cycle analysis tell us the next peak for Gold will be in 2020 or ONLY in about 2 years from now.
|Gold & Silver have a seasonal bottom in June - July of each year...an early bottom indicates a coming STRONG market....|
Thursday June 21, 2018 - European Banks are together with the Swiss Banks the most dangerous in the world!
Updated Sections: Yuan-Gold & Yuan/$/€, Rupee-Gold , £-Gold & £/$/€ ,
EU banks are insolvent as Hell. The disruption of an Italian withdrawal from the euro would be fatal for the EU’s banking system on at least four levels.
- The support from the ECB for the Italian banks would be withdrawn, which would have the potential to allow a cascade of bank failures in Italy to develop, either as a result of bad debts crystallising within the system, or due to balance sheet deterioration from falling Italian government bond prices.
- Problems for banks will arise when past loans remain denominated in euros, while their balance sheets are transitioned into a new, weakening currency. The Italian banks lack the margins to weather lop-sided balance sheets, whose assets are denominated in a declining currency relative to the currency of their liabilities.
- There will be a rush for residents in other Eurozone countries to reduce and eliminate their Italian commitments, amounting to a banking run against the whole country. The only political solution would be to impose draconian capital controls between Italy and the rest of the world, including other EU member states.
- Lastly, there is the threat to the ECB and the euro-system itself.
- Modern techniques are dramatically changing the US oil picture....Oil producers have historically extracted less than half the oil from any particular field because the rest has not been accessible at a profit. Wildcatters first pumped oil from US Oil fields nearly a century ago, but output reached its peak in the early 1990s even though the formation still contains about a billion barrels of crude, according to U.S. government's Geological Survey. This kind of situations was not unusual. This is changing in many oil fields. Based on test wells and modeling techniques, long, horizontal wells with multiple fracks - a technique used often in shale fields - will deliver strong results in the near future.
- Gold & Silver continue to drift around in the doldrums...
- The outlook for the markets remains very bullish. Following a strong two and one-half month period, they have become overbought and somewhat overextended. Minor pullbacks to consolidate recent gains and renew leadership are likely. Leg 5 up is still in its early stages and upside acceleration is likely to occur during the summer. We continue to expect that New, Toronto and London will reach new all-time highs this year. Any pauses or minor pullbacks remain buying opportunities.
|Dow Jones Ind.||SP500|
Wednesday June 20, 2018 - Should one remain BEARISH on the US-Dollar!?...or has the trend changed?
Updated Sections: Short Gold Candles in almost all sections, US-Dollar , Inflation Index, Bonds & Treasuries USA,
One of the reasons Financial Markets have become irrational is because these are rigged, manipulated and people like JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs are publishing FAKE NEWS... extremely hazardous to the average investor but also to the professionals.
CFTC Orders JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. to Pay $65 Million Penalty for Attempted Manipulation of U.S. Dollar ISDAFIX Benchmark Swap Rates - June 18, 2018
Washington, DC – The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC or Commission) today issued an Order filing and settling charges against JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (JPMC) for attempted manipulation of the ISDAFIX benchmark and requiring JPMC to pay a $65 million civil monetary penalty.
The CFTC Order finds that over a five-year period, beginning in at least January 2007 and continuing through January 2012 (the Relevant Period), JPMC made false reports and attempted to manipulate the U.S. Dollar International Swaps and Derivatives Association Fix (USD ISDAFIX), a leading global benchmark referenced in a range of interest rate products, to benefit its derivatives positions, including positions involving cash-settled options on interest rate swaps.
James McDonald, CFTC Director of Enforcement, commented: “This matter is one in a series of CFTC actions that clearly demonstrates the Commission’s unrelenting commitment to root out manipulation from our markets and to protect those who rely on the integrity of critical financial benchmarks.”
- Solar Stocks turn black. Since mid-May the renewable energy stocks have tumbled. Solar & wind are only possible because of money created out of thin air...and fractional reserve banking! Trump is breaking the Solar market by taxing the solar panel imports which are "made in China".
- A Trend Reversal has been set: The Trend of Interest Rates is RISING and Bonds & Treasuries are sliding Down.
- Oil Markets & shares turn bearish like they often do each year during the months of June and July.
- One should not prematurely become BULLISH on the US-Dollar (and bearish on the Euro). Also see the HALFWAY correction/stop on the PF charts. Technically speaking the US-Dollar still sits in a BEAR MARKET.
|USD - Secular Downtrend is INTACT||USD 15 year cycle|
Tuesday June 19, 2018 - China plans for Gold to reenter the monetary system thousands of dollars above today's price (KWN).
Instead of addressing the causes of the 2008 financial crisis, the world’s governments have continued along the same path, accumulating ever more debt and inflating even bigger financial bubbles. So another — even bigger — crisis is coming. Whether it ends up being called ‘the End of Paper Money’ or ‘the Second Great Depression,’ it will change everything, from the kinds of investments that create new fortunes to the kinds of money that most of us save and spend. Some day in the near future The HERD is gonna find out that LALA-LAND is just a MIRAGE and a lot of tears will flow. The millions of profit they made in the paper markets and Real Estate will end be worth ZERO, THIN AIR.
Central Banks will willingly or not be FORCED to go back to a Gold standard. Another financial crisis is coming up. Every period of time you get a recurrent of a credit cycle crisis and when the next crisis occurs, you want to own physical Gold and Silver.
Stop thinking Central Banks, Banks and Governments tell the truth. They are not, they are lying through their teeth. As usual most people will only realize this when it's too late.
|Unemployment in the USA is 21.5%|
- Whoever holds the gold makes the rules & even billionaires like Soros will be wiped out....
- The last time the global bond index turned negative was in 2007 ahead of the global financial crisis; before then it turned very negative in late 1990s also, just before the bursting of the dot com bubble...
- More than $47 billion in U.S. debt was dumped into the market to cover the chaos engendered by Trump’s overnight diktat for the world to stop doing business with Russia.
- Japan continues to shed Treasuries at around 8-10 billion per month.
- Ireland dumped $17 billion and Luxembourg nearly $8 billion.
- What is interesting is Belgium, the home of Euroclear, seeing a $12 billion inflow.
- China is off and running in trading its yuan-based oil benchmark. That the yuan can be exchanged for gold may be one reason for the tight relationship between the yuan and gold. It may be a natural consequence of arbitrage.
- 14 East African and Southern African countries met to consider using the yuan as a reserve currency in the region.
- don't OVER-RUSH your decision to get rid of the Euro in favour of the US-Dollar. TAKE YOUR TIME and don't move unless the 1.12 level is clearly broken and tested.
- $-Gold finally hit the $ 1,280 level (level which we pointed out as potential intermediary bottom). At this level Gold is a SCREAMING BUY.
- Gold and the yuan have become closely linked. Both the 52-week and 200-day moving averages of gold’s price in yuan have been remarkably steady for more than a year. Whether this is due to arbitrage or manipulation, it really does not matter: The message is that the yuan has become as good as gold.
- This is 2018 and this year is an excellent example for our GOLD CYCLE THEORY.
Monday June 18, 2018 - It is the consumer who pays for every last cent of taxes, tariffs, sales tax, VAT,...for every cent!
Updated Sections: €-Gold & €/$(new candle), Aussie-Gold & Aussie/$/€, Swiss-Gold & Swiss/$/€, Can$-Gold & Can$/US$/€ , ¥-Gold & ¥/€/$, Copper-Platinum (new stock replaces COPX-ETF),
A HISTORIC PICTURE. A This is the reaction and what SIX of the G-7 think of Trump's decision....and this week the financial markets have given us their opinion. Europe and Canada may have prefered to sink together with the USA...however this is not Trump's plan.
A Trade War is now reality. After Europe, Canada and Mexico, Trump to slap 25% tariffs on up to $50 billion of Chinese goods; Trump decisively wants to reduce the dramatic high Trade Deficit. He knows there are not so many ways to achieve it.
- The Federal Reserve has set limits On Biggest Banks’ Loans To Each Other aimed at addressing one of the leading causes of the 2008 financial crisis — the buildup of loans extended by one bank to another among the biggest Wall Street institutions. The Fed adopted a new rule that caps a big bank’s credit exposure to another bank. The aim of the rule, applied to banks with assets of $250 billion or more, is to help bolster the stability of the financial system. The Fed oversees Wall Street titans such as JPMorgan Chase & Co., Goldman Sachs & Co., Bank of America Corp. and Citigroup Inc. The banks are considered to be so huge and interconnected that each could threaten the financial system if it collapsed.
- Trump May Shock The World By Putting U.S. Back On Gold Standard [Hugo Salinas Price]. With the dollar surging hand-in-hand with the price of gold, Hugo Salinas Price warned that U.S. President, Donald Trump, may be moving the United States back to the gold standard. After the USA has reduced the deficit on the Balance of Trade,such is certainly possible. Assuming the price of Gold is RE-VALUATED in function of the GLOBAL DEBT, this may solve a lot more problems than one think.
- Fact is that this time over, when GOLD breaks out, it will simultaneously break out expressed in several Currencies and this has severe implications for the price!
The U.S. is the only country that’s genuinely hiking rates, so the interest-rate differential story is giving a huge tailwind to the dollar. A hawkish Federal Reserve will continue raising rates “until something breaks,”
- The Forex markets (and Gold) are reflecting what the Financial markets think will happen in the near future. It doesn't look rosy for SIX of the G-7 currencies!
- Japan is restarting all Nuclear Power Stations amid protesting citizens which don't understand it's either this or DIRTY energy. People which are against Nuclear Power make me thing of people who were against STEAM POWER and Steam Locomotives in the early 1800's. At that time the Green's pretended that the COWS would stop giving Milk because of the Locomotives passing by....and the people believed it.
- Canada Is In Serious Trouble” Again, And This Time It’s For Real. “Canada is in serious trouble” mostly as a result of its over reliance on its frothy, bubbly housing sector, but also due to the fact that unlike the US, the average Canadian household had failed to reduce its debt load.
- Accept no paper substitute: Buy physical gold. The best way to invest in the precious asset is to buy physical gold as opposed to gold-backed exchange-traded funds (ETFs) or gold futures. “Physical gold has a limited supply unlike fiat currencies because gold is difficult and costly to mine and process, and is therefore scarce,” .
- Oil price corrects as we predicted last week. The market was severely overbought. As usual the Mainstream Financial Media are explaining the lower price in their way...
- Friday Gold (& Silver) was SEVERELY SLAMMED DOWN....it had to be as a Important Resistance level was about to be broken.
- Euro/Dollar: potential STOP LOSS = CAUTION - see charts for support level and bearish target. - critical level is 1.12 !
- Can$/Dollar: potential STOP LOSS - see charts for support level and bearish target.
- Aussie/Dollar: Bearish Wedge and potential STOP LOSS - see charts for support level and bearish target. The Aussie may fall more than 10 percent to the “mid-60s” U.S. cents in 12 months.
Friday June 15, 2018 - Gold explosion more likely than bull market, GATA chairman says - Francis Schutte confirms!
Gold explosion more likely than bull market, GATA chairman says - Subscribers know this is also our opinion. This is a very narrow, manipulated market...and when it comes back, it will probably come back with a revenge and not allow side-liners to step in at the ultimate time when the orgasm occurs. Either you will be in, either you will be out.
The price of Gold doubled overnight....Those who remember the 1960-s and 1970's know that at that time we also had a price explosion. The price of Gold almost doubled overnight....Governments and Bankers slashed it down but could not stop the action...like they could not stop Gold rising to $850 per oz. Today we know the situation is a lot more critical than the situation of the nineties and therefore the odds are that the price explosion will be more dramatic.
When the price of Gold explodes, today's "Victory Boys" will be speechless....like they became speechless after the price of BITCOIN collapsed!. I wonder what the Belgian Real Estate buyers will say and feel like once the price of their small $ 1,000,000 seashore residencies start to collapse. Worse than in the USA in 2006, and Ripley's believe it or not, Belgians today are buying 130 m2 (1400 sq.ft) apartments for $ 500,000. In 2006 for that price one could buy a 300 m2 (or 350 sq.ft) single family home in some upmarket urbanization. Today these sell for $200,000 only.
And YES, we're on our way to another Financial Crisis which will be worse than the 2007-2008 crisis.
- Fed hikes rates by 0.25% and ECB has no choice but to stop printing/creating additional money. Read European interest rates will also start to rise. The Federal Reserve hiked its benchmark short-term interest rate a quarter percentage point Wednesday and indicated that two more increases are likely this year.
- The move pushes the funds rate target to 1.75 percent to 2 percent. The rate is closely tied to consumer debt, particularly credit cards, home equity lines of credit and other adjustable-rate instruments.
- This is nothing new for the subscriber's. We have been warning since 2011 that a TOP was in for the Interest rates. This time we have a ROUNDED TOP which has been taking 7 years to develop. But a TOP it is and there is not the slightest doubt we shall over the coming months and years see higher Interest rates. This will have SEVERE consequences for the World Financial System and World Economy.
- Nothing for today
Thursday June 14, 2018 - One picture tells one thousand words....
Updated Sections: Oil Shares (one new share) ,
One picture tells one thousand words...the European and Canadian Honeymoon is over!
- Bitcoin’s skyrocketing growth was ‘fraud and manipulation’. The record growth in bitcoin last year was actually a coordinated market manipulation, according to recent research by University of Texas Finance Professor John Griffin. Griffin, who has 10 years of experience in detecting financial fraud, examined millions of transactions on cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex. In his paper, Griffin says that the US dollar-pegged cryptocurrency tether was used to buy bitcoin at the times that the latter was falling, which helped “stabilize and manipulate” the crypto-currency's price. Bitcoin started 2017 at below $1,000 and at one point reached $20,000. Now, it is trading near the $6,000 mark.
- In a bullish market (secular bull trend) “price must always establish new price highs or new price lows within price rotation – ALWAYS”. The lack of new price highs indicates a downward trend may have formed. Conversely, a lack of new price lows indicates an upward price trend may have formed.
- Note that for Gold expressed in Dollars and Euro's (and many other currencies) the recent price lows, originating near the start of 2016 and all the way to today, are continually higher. In other words we have an uptrend already in place for gold.
- The actual technical formation (cup and handle, diamond, head & shoulders) has almost fully matured and the “breakout” sits right around the corner.
- The current price trend and technical pattern is EXTREMELY BULLISH. The dull market of the last two years has lulled many Gold and Silver investors into thinking any price breakout may never happen again.
- As a matter of fact, the price breakout may be less than 30 days away from now and may well be sparked by a new Trade War.
- Gold & Silver are setting up for breakout of the $1360 - $1380 price level with the potential to rally to near $1430~$1463 within the next 3~5 months.
- Note: Silver has been trapped in a sideways trading trend for months. The price low of $14, set in early 2016, is a critical low point regarding future price analysis. The trading range however has a support level of $15.50 and a resistance of $18.80 . The price of silver however MUST rally above $19.80 to qualify for a new BULLISH price trend.
- Gold has already shown a Bullish price trend is in place and the breakout is nearly upon us. Silver is showing a similar setup, but is telling us that price has to move upward by more than 16% to establish a new bullish price trend whereas gold only needs to move higher by about 8% for the same outcome.
- Either way, if gold moves higher by greater than 8% and silver moves higher by greater than 16% from current levels – that is a GREAT TRADE. The upside potential after that is even better.
- The price rotation required to achieve this upside breakout is likely to play out over the next 30~45 days or more. Gradually climbing over the next 30+ days and gradually building up momentum till a massive upside breakout move takes place. By then, these lower price levels will be gone and the upside move will already be taking place – catching many traders. Watch for silver to start moving at 1.5x or 2.x that of gold as the breakout takes place.
Wednesday June 13, 2018 - The Stock Market Will Go Much Higher And Its Strength Will Be Shocking as we enter wave 5.
Updated Sections: Coal, solar & Rare Elements, Agriculturals , Copper-Platinum & non-ferro shares ,
The EU is in a total mess and the Euro which was launched on January 1, 1999 is a failed currency. Italy’s Problems Are Far From Over. The ECB (European Central Bank) just had its 20th birthday. But there is really nothing to celebrate. Every President of the ECB has had to deal with fires that had very little to do with price stability but were more a question of survival.
For the first time since July 2007, Greece is no longer the ugliest PIIGS nation in Europe. The last week has seen Italy sell 5.5 billion euros worth of short T-bills at an average yield of 1.213% ; meaning that Italian short-dated debt is perceived as more risky than Greece for the first time in almost 11 years...
- Some people buy gold because it is the “anti-Dollar”.
- Some people buy gold because it is the "anti-Euro".
- Some people buy gold because it is a monetary metal.
- Some people buy gold because it is store of value.
- Some people buy gold because it is in relatively short supply.
- Some people buy gold because it is lasts forever and cannot be printed into existence.
- Some people buy gold because there is no better way to invest today.
- Stupid people buy gold because they want to make some quick money...like they tried by buying Bitcoin. These people DON'T GET IT....and will probably NEVER get it..not even when it's too late. God have their Money.
- The Stock Market Will Go Much Higher And Its Strength Will Be Shocking as we enter wave 5.
- Britain is the canary in the coal mine for the USA..so as the footsie goes, so goes the Dow Jones and so as the Sterling goes, so goes the US-Dollar.
- Trumps seems to have broken the back of the solar panel industry. (see section for Coal & Solar)
- Sylvania and Vale are doing very well...fresh breakout on PF chart (see section for Copper & Platinum)
- 240 min #Silver (unusually) behaving better than #Gold running towards #FOMC and putting in higher lows in the line of the Pitchfork - strengthening trend...
Tuesday June 12, 2018 - Few seem to realize that the Trade War will push up inflation beyond control!
Updated Sections: Long term World Stock Market Indexes (comment) , Recession Proof shares (3 new stocks),
The USA and Canada have - thanks to new technologies and shale - become NET exporters of Energy.
There is not enough money on Planet Earth to solve the Italian DEBT and European-Italian Banking problem. French (Soc. Generale, Credit Agricole) banks are - together with Deutsche Bank (and Commerzbank) - the most endangered. In case of an accident, there is no doubt the BAIL-IN LEGISLATION will be activated and the losses of European bank account holders will be HUGE!
- In the short run, the US-Dollar may weaken versus the Euro in order to boost American exports. In the long run however, the Euro will not survive. The EU and the EURO will end like the USSR in 1989!
Our Canary in the coal mine: in the past three months the FTSE has turned a potential breakdown into a thrust to new all-time highs. The FTSE has strong upside momentum from its recent advance. Following a healthy period of pullback and consolidation, the FTSE should make further attempts at new all-time highs. A Point and Figure target of 8,250 is visible.
- Dow Jones Ind. The minor pullback and consolidation period that is now emerging should be considered as a buying opportunity. The markets are in good shape and upside potential is considerable. If the low 24,000s can be protected then the Index should be able to extend the recent breakout well above 25,000.
- The S&P 500 had a modest upside breakout in mid-May. A small correction is now in order. Any further advance above short-term resistance at 2,750 will bring the mid-March recovery peak at 2,802 into sight. Exceeding that level should then stimulate a run towards a new all-time high.
- Toronto: the current pullback should be followed by a move back to the mid-May peak, and then a further move higher to challenge the all-time high at 16,421.
Monday June 11, 2018 - Ia the World is run by Idiots, by Stupid Criminals and liars?
Updated Sections: Pharma & Bio, Oil shares, Natural Gas shares, Uranium shares, Bank & Financials , Crude Oil price (end of corr.?), Recession proof-HOLD (new), Recession Proof shares,
The USA imports 3 times as many goods and services out of Europe (mainly EU) as it exports. The USA imports 3 times as many goods and services out of China as it exports. This results in dramatic deficit on the balance of trade AND balance of payments: the US is going bankrupt....As the Dollar is loosing its status of Reserve currency (the country can no longer print money to finance the imports), the imbalance has to be stopped NOW. This is exactly what BUSINESS MAN Trump is doing. He's is making imports more expensive (import duties, tariffs) and makes American exports cheaper (by pushing down the exchange rate of the Dollar versus the Euro and Yuan). Trump is also stepping out of the "expensive" Paris Climate deal and pushing NATO Members to pay their dues NOW.
No wonder Trump leaves the G-7 gathering...The President has more important things to do than wasting his time with Bureaucrats who think you can buy yourself out of a recession by spending more than you earn while they keep liying to their citizens [and call Trump the liar !?]
I understand Europe, Canada and Mexico don't like it...but no country, no Western leader is coming up with a valid alternate solution....as a matter of fact, Trump is doing what every business man has to do in order to keep his company alive.
Below is a chart published by Deutsche Bank ranking Currencies from CHEAP to EXPENSIVE. Note the absurd ranking of the South African Rand. Note today's most expensive currency is the Chinese Yuan (see subscriber section for more).
- We moved all Recession Proof shares which we advised and bought in the past but which we judge too expensive to acquire today to a new section: RECESSION PROOF-HOLD. All shares in this section can be kept in your portfolio on condition you secure the positions with a STOP LOSS or TRAILING STOP LOSS. This action allows us to add new shares to the Recession Proof Section. One shares was added: AMD.
- We are also moving the Charts (PF and Candle) of the Utility Index to the BONDS General & US sections.
- The Societe Generale, a French bank agrees with US to pay $1 billion in penalties over bribery, manipulation. France’s second-biggest bank Societe Generale has agreed with the US to pay penalties exceeding $1 billion to settle allegations it bribed officials in Libya, and manipulated the Libor interest rate benchmark. In a statement issued by the US Department of Justice on Monday, French bank Societe Generale (SocGen) and one of its subsidiaries agreed to pay the penalties to settle the cases.
- Canadian banks are trouble in paradise....
- The Deutsche Bank share continues to slip to new lows...
- Massive Run On Physical Gold Now Taking Place. Coming full circle, this week we saw a massive Swiss fund, AHV, move out of paper gold swaps into 100% physical gold. This is huge news because AHV is a $35 billion commodity fund. And we are seeing this everywhere...
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has broken out and is a BUY at present level. (new PF-chart in Recession share section).
- Pharma-Bio had a good week with Lilly and Pfizer doing well. Best performer was ARNA (breakout and buy).
- Euro continues to rebound from important support.
- Our Oil index XOI is closing in on our PF-target. Petrobas (PBR) is a SELL because of the deteriorating situation in Brasil. On the other hand ERF shows a breakout.
- We added a new share: Helmerich (HP) to our Oil share section... at this time the share is NOT a buy.
- Crude Oil hits a potential reversal zone...June , July often sees the beginning of a mid-term-correction for Crude Oil.
- Cameco breaks out of support zone. The stock has underperformed for years. About 6 months ago, Cameco started to limit Uranium supply. Now the stock looks set up to run.
- Gold sentiment chart below says it all...As usual the missing element is TIMING. This is a Contrarian Indicator: Google Searches For “Buy Gold” Hit 11-Year Lows!.
Friday June 8, 2018 - Wind: Idiot Power.
The MADNESS of what is called renewable Energy is made possible because of IDIOTS, the creation of fiat money out the thin air, fractional reserve banking, stupid-greedy politicians and IDIOTS. (click to enlarge) . Both Wind and Solar are PLAIN MADNESS....1 kWh Solar Panel Energy leaves 300 times as much poisonous residues are 1 kWh Nuclear Energy.
Sad and worrying is that while the HERD is loosing its time, energy and money on Political-correct and popular 'renewable energy' (this is the name the politicians gave to this two monsters), the price of Nuclear Power Plants keeps rising....
President Trump is aware of the Energy Misconception and is therefore radically changing the American Energy Politics. Coal is in again and Solar Panels are taxed. Especially the panels imported out of China.
See how demographics affect the World Economy and more: [we don't agree with all statements made in this very interesting video] The video also shows the importance and evolution of Crude Oil and what could happen because of Energy problems over the next 5 years. [note Shale oil and Fracking have changed the worldwide oil scene profoundly]
Russia Willing To Adopt Euro For International Trade. Russia is prepared to use the euro instead of the dollar for international trade if the European Union takes a position against new U.S. sanctions on Russia according to Russian minister of finance Siluanov.
Get ready for a simultaneous banking crisis in the 3 biggest EU-countries: GERMANY, FRANCE, ITALY. The United States, London and the IMF/BIS will not be able to avoid the crisis.
We have clear indications that the Secular trend of interest rates is now RISING. When interest rates increase in the future banks will be confronted with several difficulties. First, non-performing loans will increase and zombie companies will go bust. Second, banks' long term low interest rate loans will become more difficult to refinance profitably. Third, asset prices will fall leading to losses. Government may get into trouble.
As a result of these losses, banks will be forced to restrict credits as their equity shrinks. Ironically, the ECB´s zero interest rate policy designed to promote credit expansion will finally lead to a credit contraction. There will be a severe recession and a fall in the money supply. The crisis will not only endanger the banking system but the euro as such, because troubled Eurozone government will try to recapitalize their banks through a monetization of newly issued debts. Central banks worldwide are really struggling in their futile attempts to get out of the mess which they have created.
- Silver is behaving STRONGER than Gold....and for those investors who have some decent Gold reserves, we at this time strongly advice to add SILVER COINS to their metal reserves.
- The price of gold has remained in a trading range for a very long time. The upside fireworks will not start until the price takes out the key psychological $1,400 level. Until then, remain patient and continue to accumulate physical gold.
- Hecla Mining (HL) – key reversal = buy
- First Majestic (FR.TO) breaking out of bullish wedge = buy
- Caledonia (CMCL) about to break out of huge trading zone
- Alamos (AGI,TO) – buy signal
- Eldorado Gold (EGO) broken out on candle chart
- Mag Silver (MAG.TO) breaking out of bullish wedge
Thursday June 7, 2018 - Has Euro-Gold has broken out and has also completed the backtest?
Updated Sections: Majors(candle charts for HUI-index), Juniors(candle charts for GDXJ-index),
Gold & Silver or the “calm before the storm”..and BULLISH OR BEARISH? The Bollinger Band’s width is currently very small, which implies that a big move is just around the corner. Extremely important technical tool is the width of the Bollinger Band – a technical tool that can be used in a few ways and one of them checking when the bands are narrowing and viewing this as a sign of an upcoming huge move. Everyone heard the “calm before the storm” phrase and it is a perfect description of what the above technique tries to detect.
- Platinum is a SCREAMING BUY. (see section for Copper, Platinum)
- following shares all are a BUY at present level.
- note the squeezed BOLLINGER bands for the $-Silver and HUI (majors) candle charts...this tells us we must prepare for some important ACTION soon!
| Hui-index (see section for large chart)
||$-Silver(see section for large chart)
|$-Gold Cup and Handle formation is almost complete||Euro-Gold has BROKEN OUT|
Wednesday June 6, 2018 - Loopholes in the new International Common Reporting Standards (CRS) legislation do exist.
Tax obligations and information sharing only happens between those countries which have signed the international agreement. The CRS (Common Reporting Standard) legislation which have been put into effect by the EU-GESTAPO can be avoided as long as you open an account with a financial institution operating in specific countries. Goldonomic knows which these SAFE countries are and we can also assist you in opening an account...Taxation levels in Europe have become immorally high and continue to go up. Therefore it is the responsibility of each CITIZEN to ensure a minimum of taxes are paid so their Savings and Assets can be preserved for future generations instead of consumed by greedy COMMUNIST Governments calling themselves Democrats... [note: few people understand that Capital is Accumulated Labor which is normally used to lower the production and hence also the final cost of consumer products and services.]
- Petrobras (PBR) saw its stock price fall by more than 40 percent over the past month as oil workers walked off the job and the company’s CEO resigned. However, the appointment of the CFO to become the CEO allowed the share price to rally by 5.6 percent on Monday as fears of political meddling receded.
- ConocoPhillips (COP) is looking to sell C$2.7 billion of oil sands assets to Cenovus Energy (CVE). Cenovus’ share price fell more than 7 percent on the news.
Important Technicals: WHAT will make GOLD breakout!???
Tuesday June 5, 2018 - Those who keep their assets and savings with European Banks are either retarded or out of their mind.
Updated Sections: Stock Market Indexes expressed in Gold, Long Term Stock Market Indexes, Royalty Co's,
Those who keep their assets and savings with European Banks are either retarded or out of their mind...In case an accident occurs. The PARTY-Comrades will decide how much money you need in order to survive. Painful it will be as CASH gets extremely limited...and may soon be pushed out of the system all together. Anybody who tried to deposit an amount of €10,000 or more into his own bank account knows what I am talking about.
To translate the legalese jargon of the ECB bureaucrats this means that the current €100,000 deposit level currently protected in the event of a bail-in will soon be no more. But worry not fellow savers as the ECB is fully aware of the uproar this may cause so they have been kind enough to propose that:
"...during a transitional period, depositors should have access to an appropriate amount of their covered deposits to cover the cost of living within five working days of a request."
So that's a relief, you'll only need to wait five days for some 'competent authority' to deem what is an 'appropriate amount' of your own money for you to have access to in order eat, pay bills and get to work.
Our system is based on 7 % banknotes and 93% digital units backed up by nothing other than central bank promises to pay back the debt in the future through inflation and taxation. He explained that in the Western world, the government is forcing people to give up between 35 % and 65 % of their income and to put it into mandatory vehicles such as pension funds, retirement insurance, taxes, and so on.
“If you take away 100 % of a person’s fruits of labor it is defined as slavery… So there is still some room but it doesn’t look good either.”
Same pending future problem for anybody who bought Gold and didn't care for an invoice...
- Trump throwing an emergency lifeline to money-losing coal and nuclear. The Energy Department has prepared a draft proposal that calls for using emergency authority to direct grid operators to buy electricity from “at-risk” coal and nuclear plants.
- Petronas to buy 25 percent stake in LNG Canada for an undisclosed sum. The investment is a major signal that sentiment in global LNG markets has shifted. Over the last few years, the market for LNG looked like it would be oversupplied for years. Suddenly, the market looks a lot tighter, and interest in new LNG export projects is rising again.
- GE backs out of Iran. GE will end sales of oil and natural gas equipment in Iran later this year, the latest sign that pending U.S. sanctions are having a serious impact. GE had received contracts from Iran for tens of millions of dollars for oil and gas equipment since 2017.
- The increase in gold reserves should be seen as strong evidence of growing distrust in the dominance of the US dollar and the global monetary and credit system associated with it… China, Russia, and Turkey in particular have boosted their central bank gold holdings substantially since 2007, namely by 307% (China), 408% (Russia), and 486% (Turkey). In Q4 2007 China, Russia, Turkey, and India together held 1,524 tons of gold, which represented just 5.1% of total official gold reserves at the time. In Q4 2017 their combined reserves amounted to 4,804 tons, or 14.3% of total official gold reserves.
- The corrective advance in the U.S.Dollar in force since February 2018 is becoming rather “rich” and extended and could be near to at least e multi-week setback. Note the U.S. Dollar correction was stronger than expected.
- The minor pullback is almost over. A new Up-Leg should soon push most world stock markets higher later this year. (see GREEN labelled stock markets in subscriber's section)
- Many non-US Stock Market Indexes show a BUY signal on their Short Candles.
- If the dollar bounce is indeed over and begins to reverse significantly lower, on a short-term basis that would be the setup for a break below the key 87-88 level on the US Dollar Index. A break of that key level would send the dollar plunging to 84, setting up the gold market for a major breakout above the $1,365-$1,400 area.
- The section of Stock Market Indexes expressed in Gold clearly shows what happens to a Stock Market once we have Capital Controls. The Stock Markets do relatively well, the currencies of these countries however crashes...
Monday June 4, 2018 - The Canadian leaders (Trudeau) and EU-leaders (Junkers, Merkel,....) really don't understand Trump has no choice but to do what he is doing.
Updated Sections: Juniors (table) , Real Estate general (2 new graphs) , World Stock Market Indexes,
The Canadian leaders (Trudeau) and EU-leaders (Junkers, Merkel,....) really don't understand Trump has no choice but to do what he is doing. NONE of these Talking Political Correct Caricatures have ever run a business, never employed people,...they have absolutely NO CLUE what it is to run a business. That is why they keep TALKING instead of acting...and react like a kiddy who's candy is taken away. And worse is, each time they act, they do exactly the OPPOSITE at the wrong time of what must be done. Let them manage the SAHARA and in five years from now there will be not a single grain of sand left.
Trump bites the bullet. Trump is just leveling the playing field. He knows that in order to make a country properous one has to export more goods and sevices and import less. However, the traditional politicians and the majortity of the people don't want change. Even worse, they are against it....even if such means "bankruptcy".
The Change Obama (democrats-socialists) promised never came, Trump never promised “Change”. As a business man however he promised that when elected, he would make America great again. And this is exactly what he is doing by ending the “Made in China” fashion , by bringing down IMPORTS, by manufacturing more at home! This is 'the only way' to bring down the huge American TRADE DEFICIT and to curtail the deficit on the BALANCE of PAYMENTS.
All European, Mexican and Canadian leaders are upset about the U.S. Import Duties...none however comes up with another idea to solve the problem.
America allows every import from the EU to enter without duty up to a value of $800! That means that millions of Euros worth of EU goods can enter the USA each day without the US government levying tariffs. Millions of Americans Mail-order goods from the EU knowing that they can receive their packages, up to $800 without paying one cent of import tax. That is magical for EU companies selling goods direct to US consumers online!
However for US goods coming into the EU any import over $10 is slammed with Duty AND 21% VAT!!! The EU sticks their dirty, greedy fingers into EVERY package that comes in! The USA allows millions of euros worth of goods into America with no duty where as when Trump tries to do a deal with the greedy Eurocrats they shun him and tell him he has to do a trade deal????
When one ships a used car to the UK, import duty and VAT add up to about 31% and yet when one imports a car from the EU to the USA the duty is 2,5% .
Our Subscribers know that since 2017 the Chinese Yuan has re-valuated (see Gold in Yuan) both against the US-Dollar and the Euro and that we also have a SECULAR DOWN TREND of the US-Dollar against the Euro. In other words, the cheaper US-Dollar will make it for the American manufacturers EASIER to export. Even if the EU, Canada, Mexico levy import duties on American products.
The World economies are about to slide into another deeper recession cycle soon.
- Apple could in theory either buy the enite Gold Bugs Index almost three times over or, alternatively buy 6,750 tons of gold. If the latter were to happen, Apple would become the second largest gold holder after the US Treasury.
- NEVER forget that the TOTAL CAPITALIZATION of the Gold & Silver sector is EXTREMELY SMALL!
- Gold is radically UNDERVALUED:
- If Gold were to rise by a factor 10 (as happened from 1999 to 2011), the Gold price would have to rise to $10,000 per troy. oz.
Friday June 1st, 2018 - What most people fail to understand, is that Ukraine, Syria, Libya, the Middle-East is all about BIG BUSINESS and ENERGY...
Trump enforces the Import Duties on European Steel and Aluminum as EU doesn't comply with the wishes of the U.S.A. No doubt this will have several far reaching long term effects. Whether one likes Trump or not, he's trying to do whatever he can to honor what he promised during his election campaign. Many measures are unwise and will result in even more problems. However, at least Trump is TRYING to do something while European leaders are doing whatever lies within their power to keep the Status Quo: no changes whatsoever.....or the lease possible changes.
Russia Finance Minister: We Are Ready To Ditch The Dollar In Favor Of The Euro. Russia's Finance Minister Anton Siluanov said at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum that settlements in US currency could be dropped by Russia in favor of the euro. That said, Russia would only engage in such an unprecedented transition under one condition: if the EU takes a stand against the latest US sanctions on Moscow.
- Compliance is not only killing the banking business, it is also killing the economy. The slew of regulation that has curtailed proprietary trading at major investment banks while boosting the ranks of compliance officers (who happen to be inexperienced ROBOTS) means that banks are less well equipped to offer support during times of market stress when a big balance sheet is required to take the other side of a trade. Right now, the ECB is the buyer of last resort in the Eurozone.
- The less trade is invoiced in Dollars, the weaker the US-Dollar will be: LME Plans To Launch Yuan-Denominated Metals Futures Markets. In a sign the currency’s status in international finance is on the rise, and just a few short weeks after China unveiled its Yuan-denominated oil futures contract, the CEO of the London Metal Exchange has confirmed that it is planning to introduce yuan-denominated metal products.
- As we noted recently, interest in China’s yuan-denominated oil futures contract has soared since inception…the share of yuan contracts in global trading jumped to 12% compared to eight percent in March and 14% of WTI volume, up from 2% in April. Remember that the less trade in financed in dollars, the weaker the dollar!!
- BP cuts jobs. BP (NYSE: BP) said it will slash 3 percent of its workforce in its upstream unit this year, eliminating more than 500 positions. The oil giant said the move was done in the name of efficiency and competitiveness.
- Marathon Oil (MRO) shows a fresh BREAKOUT and is a buy at present level ($21.50). Targets are $24 and $29