Gold & Silver Majors
Updated Aug 29, 2019 - BREAKOUT & beginning of the biggest Uptrend of the 21st century.
|HUI-index monthly: compare today's bottom to the 2008 bottom...|
|island reversal, huge bullish wedge...and a cigar!|
|Our Medium Term BUY/SELL indicator
The sector is clearly showing the negative mood for Gold and Silver and stocks have been moving down in a leveraged way compared to Gold and Silver. Quality mining shares are dramatically undervalued. The value is so exceptional, so, I think it will have a slingshot effect when gold and silver recover and investors get some confidence. The upside impact on the price of the shares will be something to behold. Expect at least a 300% increase of the HUI-index.
The current correction in gold stocks WAS the fourth longest since 1879. The decline of 66% ranks in the top 10 of recorded history. Personally, I think the price level of these shares is an ABERRATION...August 2015 - January 2016
On fundamental values, gold silver shares trade at historic low valuations as in 2008 when you were able to buy companies:
- - for less than the cash in the bank
- - for less than $10 per ounce of gold in the ground
- - for less than 1,000 times annual gold production
- - for a dividend yield of 2.5% or more
Lower your costs and enlarge your positions during corrections (NOW), in the entire Gold sector. The long term uptrend has been confirmed and we expect a bull run to last for more months. Expect shares to suffer somewhat during Stock Market Bear Runs! For next month we expect better than expected results with increased dividends and higher earnings. The Hedge funds had their way with the gold shares, but logically this is coming to an end. When you can buy companies whose resources are three times the company’s present capitalization, the share is getting unreasonably cheap. It is very well plausible that Hedge fund managers use any negative news in the sector to play their little shorting game.
We prefer the Juniors to ETF's, to Futures, Options, and Turbos. The additional advantage Juniors have, is that they will be taken over by the Seniors as their own gold-ore-reserves decrease. NEVER forget that by holding DERIVATIVES you are using UNCONTROLLED and UNREGULATED investment instruments (which are mostly manipulated)
|The price will go up when time is up - and time is up (Oct 6, 2017)||HUI - Gold, and Silver bugs index|
|Bullish Objective||480 - 910 - 1600|
|Technical Pattern||SCREAMING BUY
Math's today and Magic tomorrow.
Our Opinion: BUY and be patient!
The biggest profits will be generated by Majors and Juniors which have been incorrectly sold "en masse" by the stupid Herd (incl. Hedge funds)
According to our DELTA analysis, we will see a LOW "between today and Mid-December" and much higher by August 2019.
|Yamana (AUY)* 0.02 oz gold/share 0.93% yield-[2.8*]|| Newmont (NEM)** 1.18 oz gold/share 0.30% yield-[1.73*]
||Newcrest Mining(NCMGY) 1.30% yield
||Detour Gold(DGC.TO) yield na - [2.1*]
||Anglo Gold (AU) 0.61% yield-[2.3*]|
|BUY (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, and Canada)
||(Canada, USA, Mexico, and Central and South America-mix- Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, Suriname -15.600) = BUY
||AUSTRALIA - BUY||Target $30 - probably the best miner one can buy (Canada-797)||BUY(RSA, Africa, Australasia, Americas-52,000-mix) - broken 50 & 200 day MA|
|ASA (ASA)* - na yield||Barrick***(Gold) 3.63% yield-[1.8*]||Gold Resource Corp (GORO)+ 0.53% yield-[2.0*]||Alamos (AGI) 0.62% yield - [2.2*]||Kinross (KGC)**
0.04 oz/share - Bullish-Buy-[2.4*]
|BUY (mutual fund of miners)||BUY (USA, Canada, Austr, Argent, Chile, Peru, Dom. Rep, Papua Nw Guinea, Tanzania, Zambia & Saudi,sub-Sahara-3,714) - broken through 50 days MA
||BUY (Mexico-12) broken through 50 days MA
||(Canada, USA, Mexico, Turkey 1300) - buy - broken through 50 days MA
||PF-BUY(Can, USA, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ghana, and Mauritania-9,000)|
|Agnico Eagle ***(AEM) 1.25% yield-[2.4*]||Centerra(GC.TO)** 2.09% yield-breakout||Hecla (HL) 0.39% yield - [2.9*]
||Premier Gold (PG.TO)***-[2.0*]
||Pan Am. (PAAS)** 1.08% yield-[2.5*]|
|prod.cost $535 (Canada, Finland, Mex-5,000-mix) - broken 50 day MA
||(Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Turkey, and Canada-2,400)
||Silver -(worldwide-1,400) broken 50 day MA
||Buy (holds 50% of TRP.TO - 18)
||Silver - (Peru, Mex, Argent., Bolivia+mix-4,100) broken 50 day MA
|Coeur d'Alene* (CDE)-[2.3*]||Kirkland lake Gold**(KL.TO)||Endeavour Mining*(EDV.TO)||MAG Silver****(MAG.TO)||Acacia Mining (ACA.L)
|Ag - ( worldwide-2,000) broken 50 day MA
||Breakout - BUY (Canada) - - broken 50 day MA||BUY (W. Africa-2,400) - broken 50 day MA||BUY NOW (Mexico - mixed-9)|
1.76 oz/share - 7.75% yield - [3.0*]
|Gold Fields (GFI) 0.36 oz/share 1.92% yield-||Harmony (HMY)-3.65% yield-[3.3*]||Sibanye Gold(SBGL) Gold & Platinum-7.38% yield-[2.5*]|
|Sell all Miners with interests in South Africa.|
| Backtest on PF-BUY (RSA-Joburg) - broken 50 days MA
||BUY (RSA, Ghana, Australia, and Peru-9,000) - broken 50 days MA
||RSA, Papua New Guinea:Cu, Ag, UR, and molybdenum - broken 50 & 200 day MA
||4.05% yield (RSA, Kloof, Driefontein, ...40,000) BULLISH WEDGE=BUY - broken 50 & 200 day MA
|Note: These are South-African miners...try to exchange these over time for NON-SA-Miners
|Money Flow descending.||12-month performance vs. SP500||12-month performance vs. Goud|
Dividends of Gold and Silver miners are growing exponentially. (see fundamentals) Focus on Gold mines as I expect these to perform better than Silver mines. PF charts are NOT adjusted for dividends. Gold and Silver miners survived for 20 years when Gold was traded around $ 250/oz...so why would they not when Gold trades around $ 1300 !?
BUY by preference those shares which sit in the bottom/lower part of their trend channel or have broken out and positively tested the breakout price.
A general pattern of Leg 1 - 2008 deleveraging or halfway stop - and Leg 2 becomes more and more visible. Normally after Leg 2, we have a Buying climax....but we ain't there yet!
Positive bullish signals are: price sits on 200 days MA, Bullish divergence, Bullish wedge, Bullish flag, Bullish coil, Bullish cup, and handle, oversold daily, weekly and monthly technical indicators,...LOW POLE REVERSALS and BREAKOUT of BULLISH WEDGES.
Kinross (KGC) is a decent senior gold mining company, but after taking a $2.49-billion write-down in February for the Tasiast mine, it has been nothing but a prime example of an overreaction, and a potential buying opportunity.
- Pan American Silver - PAAS: almost debt free/reduced exploitation costs – co’ to become one of the big three silver co’s as silver production will double by 2015. Geoff Burns, Pan American's President, and CEO said: "We are extremely pleased to have concluded the acquisition of Minefinders. This strategic transaction increases our near-term silver and gold production and cash flow and meaningfully reduces our average cash costs across our eight producing mines, while at the same time geographically de-risking our overall portfolio. In addition, Pan American should reap the benefits of a sector leading and well-sequenced growth profile.
- Especially Randgold Resources is a steal. The company’s Tongon mine is their newest project and is currently being commissioned, but news flow has been slow and hasn’t drawn much attention. Look to see this issue resolved over the next couple of months.
- Banro (BAA) is one to buy and hold for the next couple of years.
- Silvercorp is one of the few companies that has successfully navigated in China, and our models indicate there is much more upside available from these assets than where the stock is currently priced. SVM also has a very attractive relative valuation to its North American peers, where in some cases we have seen 5% of their market capitalization turn over fairly consistently every day over the last month – those shareholders are obviously not around for the long term. [chart in the section of Gold and Silver juniors].
- SA Goldmines suffer because of the discussion about the nationalization threat of the SA Gold mines (ANC leader Malena was using it in his election campaign - Elections are in Dec 2012 - Malena has been kind of liquidated). The De Beers family sold some of its interests in SA mining co's to Anglo American but moved its HQ to Gaborone (Botswana). DE BEERS moved it's HQ from London (UK) to Gaborone. [GDP of Botswana is steadily growing ≈ 8%]
- The run on the Bank of the Gold Cartel is unfolding. Much more gold and silver have been sold than can be delivered. The implications for the gold & silver price are mind-boggling.
- Leverage to Gold: Kinross 3,5: 1, Randgold: 4,9: 1, Royal Gold: 4,8: 1, Randgold: 1:1
- Each outstanding common share of Osisko will be exchanged for C$2.09 in cash, 0.07264 of a common share of Agnico Eagle, 0.26471 of a common share of Yamana, and one common share (one-tenth of a common share on a consolidated basis) of a newly formed company that will acquire certain assets of Osisko as part of the Arrangement ("Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd").
- TORONTO, July 2, 2015 - Alamos Gold Inc. (TSX/NYSE: AGI) and AuRico Metals Inc. (TSX: AMI) are pleased to announce the completion of the previously announced arrangement. Each former Alamos share held was ultimately exchanged for 1 Class A common share of Alamos ("Class A Shares"), US$0.0001 in cash, and 0.4397 AuRico Metals Shares and each Former AuRico share held was ultimately exchanged for 0.5046 Class A Shares and 0.2219 AuRico Metals Shares. Upon closing, Alamos has approximately 255,505,000 Class A Shares outstanding with Former Alamos and Former AuRico shareholders each owning approximately 50% and AuRico Metals has approximately 118,120,000 shares outstanding with Former Alamos and Former AuRico shareholders each owning approximately 50% of the shares not held by Alamos.
It is anticipated that Alamos will commence trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") and New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") under the symbol "AGI" and AuRico Metals will commence trading on the TSX under the symbol "AMI" on July 6, 2015. Former Alamos and Former AuRico shares will be delisted from the TSX and NYSE that same day.
Table with low-risk step in levels and potential objectives: (Eldorado Gold is also listed under Gold & Silver juniors) When selecting a stock preference is given to those where price sits on 200 days Moving Average, and/or price sits on the bottom of uptrend channel (blue line) note: Table and Objectives have been updated - Objectives are short/medium term - use trailing stops once the target has been reached !
Updated January 18, 2012 - Durban Roodepoort Deep (Drooy) - a buy at these levels (DRD Gold)
We initially advised buying this stock at 75 cents...The potential objective is +1,015%...cheap again!. Durban Roodepoort runs the deepest Goldmines in the World...but lately its behavior is rather sloppy! Having said this the stock is still cheap and although South Africa is managed differently since Mandela took over, the MAIN source of income is Mining AND all black business people have after all been trained by the white Anglo Saxons.
With mining assets in South Africa, the company runs operations from exploration through to smelting. Shares are trading at $4.23 at the time of writing, toward the bottom end of their 52-week trading range of $3.96 to $6.23. At the current market price, the company is capitalized at $162.80 million. Earnings per share for the last fiscal year were $1.21, placing the shares on a price to earnings ratio of 3.49. It paid a dividend of $0.06 last year (a yield of 1.40%) which was covered over 20 times by its earnings. It has the lowest price-to-earnings ratio of the gold mining stocks.
This video clip is about Kinross mining in Mauritania:
November 2008 - Gold shares see the biggest jump in years. This is how fast Gold and Silver shares can go up...
Returns on Gold mines are swift and often not expected...a BULL RUN we have!
Gold mines suffer somewhat because trading business is redirected towards Gold and Silver ETF's.
Copyright, All Rights Reserved - The contents of this report may NOT be copied, reproduced, or distributed without the explicit written consent of Goldonomic.